Day & Time
- Wednesdays, 3:45 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Saturdays, 9:45 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
Note: All sessions are open to all learn to skate levels
- February 24
- March 3
- March 10
- March 17
- March 24
- March 31
- February 27
- March 6
- March 20
- March 27
Registration for all March Camps will open on Saturday, February 20, at 8 a.m.
Camp Length: 75 minutes (60 minutes on-ice)
- 15 minutes - Entry/Skates On
- 10 minutes - Supervised Practice & Warm-up/Off-ice Orientation for New Students
- 40 minutes - On-Ice Instruction
- 10 minutes - Supervised Practice
Note: Groups will be divided by level / age
- $25 per camp
Age & Level: Camps are open to ages 6 & up
- Skaters must be able to properly fall down, stand up, march, and glide on their own to participate in a camp
- If you are not able to confidently complete the above skills, we recommend starting with a private lesson. To schedule a private lesson, please contact Skating Lead, Courtney Walker
- Please note: Staff cannot have physical contact with skaters due to COVID restrictions, so it is imperative that skaters can stand up on their own. Groups will be divided by skill level and age
- If your skater is below age 6, able to meet the above requirements, and would like to sign up, please contact Skating Lead, Courtney Walker
Numbers of Years Experience: 18 years teaching, 9 years Program Director Professional Affiliations: US Figure Skating Member Member of the Board of Directors for San Diego Figure Skating Club Professional Skaters Association Learn To Skate USA Member Skating/Compeitive Background: USFS Double Gold Medalist Coached by former national, international, and Olympic athletes/instructors Two-time synchronized skating Team USA athlete, competing for Team del Sol (Senior) nationally and internationally International Champion, 1st place overall at Trophy D'Ecosse in Dumfries, Scotland Winner of Christopher Buchanan Trophy for Most Entertaining Performance for short and long program 16 years combined competitive experience in singles and synchronized skating Disciplines/Specialties: Basic Skills and ISI All levels of USFS singles skating Edges and Power Skating Off ice strength and conditioning Synchronized Skating coach and choreographer Hockey strength, conditioning and edges Philosophy: As a coach, my wish is to instill passion and perseverence in every figure skating hopeful I meet. To educate and foster the foundations of a lifelong athlete and fellow enthusiast. As a Program Director, I would like to contribute in the building of confidence and commraderie inside a community of support and encouragement.
Education Graduated with honors from California State University San Marcos with a BS in Kinesiology Experience 12 years of coaching figuring skating/hockey USFSA Gold Medalist Regional and Sectional figure skating competitor Coached 1st place Metro League High School Hockey Team Coached by Russian National Champion and Olympic competitor Specialties Skating/Edge work for hockey Off-ice conditioning and training
• 10+ years of competitive ice and roller hockey • 4 years varisty roller hockey at Scripps Ranch High School • 2018 CIF Player of the Year for roller hockey at Scripps Ranch High School • 2018 All-academic team for roller hockey • 2018 first team All-CIF and All-Metro League for roller hockey
If you would like to receive information on our learn to skate class program once we are able to restart classes, please join our LEARN TO SKATE INTEREST LIST.
For more information, contact:
Poway ICE Program Office
Poway ICE Skating School Lead – Courtney Walker
The Rinks Figure Skating Director – Alex Chang